Discussion: eReaders Vs. Books

I own over 70 books, 150 ebooks, and burrow a countless amount from the local library. I find now though that a good majority of people own an eReader and prefer that over an actual physical copy of a book. I will admit it is easy and portable. So what do I prefer? I like and dislike both. 


eReader: (Kindle Fire HD) 

What I like:

  • They are extremely portable. I slip it into my school bag in the morning and I am off!
  • I don't have to worry about bending the pages. Believe it or not it is my biggest pet peeve with books. Especially bent covers. 
  • I can read in the dark! I share a room with my sister, who hates when I keep the light on into the later hours of the night to read. This keeps up both happy and not at each others throats 
  • Free or discounted books! Amazon has free books, as well as discounted books. That means more for your money! 
  • I can lay down and read in awkward positions! 
What I dislike:

  • Having to charge it! You don't have to do that with books! 
  • It is fragile. I am constantly worried of breaking it. I dropped it in my drive way the other day. (I will shamelessly admit I tripped over my own feet....again) 
  • It dies unexpectedly. Long car trips? Ughh! It ends up dying and leaves me bored out of my mind.
  • Glares. At the beach or in class light reflects off the screen making it hard to focus on the actually words. 

Books:


What I like:

  • The smell. Call it weird but I find it relaxing. Especially after a long stressful day? Perfect. 
  • Sometimes they have different colored font! (Ex. Legend by Marie Lu) 
  • Hard covers have the book jacket that comes off! 
  • Physically collection to show off. 
  • I can read it on long car rides and not worry about the battery life! 
  • Doesn't need to be charged! 
What I dislike:

  • Paper cuts! I done it tons of times! 
  • Pages bend or covers rip ... or you can rip a page out (I did that to a library book and accident once.)
  • You can't read in the dark! There for me and my sister fight and makes me shut the light off. 
  • Can't lay down and read in certain positions. 
  • Font can sometimes be too small


Both have the plus and minuses. Somethings will beat the others. Sometimes my mood ends up effecting what I want to read on as well. It will sadden me the day all books are only available on eReaders. My book collection is something I take much pride in! 








What do you prefer? 








No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️