Review: Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Onyx (Lux #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Number of Pages: 366
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, and Supernatural 
Publisher: Entangled Teen 
Year Published: 2012

Summary: 
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

~~~~

Sweet alien babies. Where can I find me a a super hot Luxen? Or better yet a Daemon Black? Sigh, Jennifer Armentrout created the beautiful, moody, and dangerous alien that all Lux fans are dying to get a piece of including myself. Even my second time reading Onyx my obsession for a fictional character continues. 

Onyx takes place a week after Obsidian has ended. Katy is overwhelmed. Daemon has decided he wants to be with Katy but she beleives it to be on a weird alien connection the two now share. In his quest to prove himself a new student (Blake) transfers to school and Katy immediately takes interest. 


All Katy wants is something normal and Blake seems to be the perfect person. After a few dates, kisses and long talks she believes she can have a normal relationship. But Katy has changed and Blake isn't all he seems to be. 


The first hundred pages of the book were slow but they built up to the big "Oh my god is this for real" moment. From there the book takes off. 


Lets go back to Daemon now: 


We get to meet sweet Daemon in this book. Totally different then the boy we met in Obsidian. But don't worry, he is still a wise ass with major ego problems who likes to tease Katy to no end. My favorite part would have to be the cookie scene. 



“Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...” 
Katy thought she melted into a puddle? Damn. Their relationship is so frustrating though! Do they love each other, do they no? Does they end up hooking up again? All the kissing though, phew. I don't think I could read through it fast enough. Back to frustration, I couldn't stop reading though. I needed to know if they ended up together. Especially when Katy showed interest in Blake then Daemon. 

Katy changed a lot from Obsidian to Onyx. She has become strong and admirable heroine. But she isn't perfect, far from it actually. She actually made a few BIG life changing decisions in Onyx. There isn't much I can say on this topic with out ruining the story but Katy doesn't want the Black's to have to worry about her anymore. 


So in the end the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout will remain forever in my top 10 favorite book series ever! Jennifer is an amazing writer and knows how to pull her readers in. I suggest now going to check out some of her other books (Covenant Series, and The Dark Elements Series) as well! Can't wait to read Opal now! 




RATING: ★★★★★







I found the cookie scene video! and the book trailer! 


So.Much.Kissing. I love it! My feels right now are all over the place. 







No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️