Review: Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer Armentrout



Title: Opal (Lux #3)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Romance, Supernatural, Science Fiction
Number of Pages: 382
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Year Published: 2012


Summary: 
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.





~~~~





Thirteen hours later and I still can't wrap my head around that ending. I am an emotional reader, and that ending. Whoa. I just want to cry. Jennifer Armentrout did in amazing job with her third book in the Lux series. 

Kat and Daemon are official! Ahh! (I think we all knew this though, right?) Their relationship is my favorite part of this series. They aren't a typical couple. They aren't even of the same species but that is beside the point. They are all lovey and mushy with each other, but they still argue and bicker. Deamon still has major ego issues, that Katy has fed into this book. 


The development of Deamon and Katy since Obsidian is amazing. Daemon isn't as infuriating anymore. Don't get me wrong, he is, just not as much. Example: 




“A slow, wry smile teased Daemon’s lips. "Simmer down, Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with." 
Annoyance flared deep inside me. "Don’t start with me, jerk-face.” 

"There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on..." You can say that again. I love books with lots of kissing in it. I am not embarrassed to admit it. This book did not fail to deliver at all. Especially in the romance department. Especially on Prom night what Daemon sets up for Katy. Talk about swoon worthy. 

 I will never like Blake. I don't care if there is money on the line. There is no way I will ever like that boy. After what he pulled last book and now he has black mailed Katy and Daemon into helping him or he will turn them into the DOD. Freaking weasel! 

Just when I thought Katy learned not to trust the boy. My blood is boiling over the end still. They should have never helped him and took their chances. Nothing good comes from helping Blake. I did enjoy the amount of time Daemon threatened to kill, maim, hurt, or destroy Blake, it was pretty entertain and earned a few laughs. 


I am keeping this review painfully short because I am afraid if I write anymore I would give away important things that will happen. Both good and bad of course! 


Rating: ★★★★★



HERE ARE A FEW QUOTES AND SAYING FROM THE BOOK I ENJOYED: 


“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”
My own eyes snapped open. Daemon lifted his head, eyes luminous. Then I realized my hands were still up his shirt. I yanked them out.
“Oh my God,” I whispered, mortified.
Daemon said something that burned my ears. “Dee, you didn’t see anything.” And then he added much lower, “Because you have impeccable timing.”
“You were on…her and your mouths were doing this.” I could just imagine her hand signals at that point. She went on. “And that’s more than I want to see. Like, ever.” 
- Dee to Katy and Daemon 


“I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."

Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"

"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”
- Katy and Daemon



 “A few seconds after he stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind him, there was a fleshly smack and then Andrew yelling, “Ouch. What in the hell was that for?” “Your timing sucks on an epic level,” Daemon shot back.”
- Daemon to Andrew (What could he have been interrupting? *wiggles eyebrows*)



 “He was such an asshole, and I loved him.” 
 - Katy about Daemon


“Daemon snatched the yellow packages from my hands. “Oh! Books! You have books!”
I laughed as several people waiting in line looked over their shoulders. “Hand them over.”
He clutched them to his chest, making moony eyes. “My life is now complete.”
“My life would be complete if I could actually post a review on something other than the school library computers.”
I did that about twice a week since my latest laptop went to the big computer heaven in the sky.” 
- Daemon to Katy  



*My parting message to Daemon*




-Amber xoxo



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️