Review: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn



Title: Another Little Piece
Author: Kate Karyus Quinn
Rating:  (4/5 Stars)
Hardcover, 419 Pages
Published June 2013

Summary: The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn's haunting debut. On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished. A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon. Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.

Once again, a Kate Karyus Quinn novel leaves me with a pounding headache--but in the absolute best way. Again, my mind has been BLOWN. Absolutely obliterated. I'm such a squeamish person (it's so bad--I really am), and this book does have a fair amount of blood (which is my biggest fear) and gore, and a whole lot of heart-eating, so when I started this book I wasn't sure how much I would like it or if I would even be able to make it all of the way through.

But alas, I did, and I loved this book! It was equal parts creepy, horrifying, mystifying, and just all-around intriguing. The idea of this girl, Anna, making deals with all different girls and having them eat her heart so she can become them as a way to pay her back for getting a boy they liked to hook up with them--eeesh. Creepy. But definitely something I haven't read before. And when you're a person like me who reads a lot of books, it's not very common that you find a storyline you haven't read before, in some form or another.

Nope. This was totally original and I loved it so much. (The only reason it got 4 stars instead of 5 was because I was terribly squeamish and didn't like the bloody parts all that much.) It's a chilling book that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good, creepy chill in a book. This book's definitely got it.

The only thing I was a bit confused about was the ending. If you haven't read the book, please SKIP ON TO THE NEXT PARAGRAPH BECAUSE THIS ONE IS GOING TO CONTAIN ****SPOILERS.**** Okay, so I don't understand who Anna became at the end. And Annaliese is...back? Huh? Didn't she turn to dust? What the heck happened to the other girls, and to Anna? I reread the last chapter several times but I wasn't totally clear on it.

All in all, this was a great and creepy book that I really enjoyed and would recommend to anyone looking for a new, interesting storyline with a chill and a thrill. Really liked it, and another round of applause goes to Kate Karyus Quinn!














No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️