ARC August: Week 2 Recap!







I finally pulled myself out of the mini reading slump I was in! Yay! So far I knocked of a lot of ARCs they I kept procrastinating on. Naturally I request more on NetGalley so my review ration stayed the same. I DNFed a few more then I would have liked this week, but I am not going to bother myself with something I am not liking. 

Week 2 Recap ( 8/8 - 8/14) 


5. Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson (Rating: ☆☆☆☆)

I was quite surprised with this one. I literally had no interest in reading it (I did have interest when I requested it) but I was quickly drawn into the dreamworlds that Robert created. I pretty much devoured this in only a few hours. 

6. Own Me (Silver Strands #3) by Lexi Scott (Rating: ☆☆☆☆)


This is the first Silver Strands book that I have read, so eventually I will have to catch up on the other books. But I was looking for a New Adult fix and this satisfied that craving. The romance was really cute. I'm having a hard tine writing my review though... 

7. We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean (Rating: ☆☆☆☆)

I actually really liked this one. I kept putting it to the side, but it was a quick read. Plus, look at the cover. It would have been crazy to pass it up! 



Mirrored by Alex Flinn (DNF)

I never have luck with Alex Flinn books so I wasn;t expecting anything when I went into this one. I think my issue with this book was more me then anything. DNF @ 23%


Da Vinci's Tiger by Laura Malone Elliott (DNF)

I was really looking forward to this one too. I've taken four years of Italian and the culture was confusing me. It was rich on the culture, but story wise it was lacking. DNF @ 15% 

8. Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix (Rating: ☆☆)

This was my first Garth Nix book and I am not impressed. To be honest, after about 25% I got bored and skimmed thorough the rest of it to get the general idea. *Hides face*




Books Read: 4

Books DNFed: 2

Total Books Reads: 7

Total Books DNFed: 3


How did this week go for you? Leave your links so I can check out your Week 2 recap! 







4 comments

  1. I am currently reading Dreamland and it is really good so far. Great job with ARC reads this month so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you liked Dreamland! That one looks really good. Yikes about Davinci's Tiger and Newt's Emerald :0

    You're doing really well with this challenge, keep up the great work!

    Rachel @ APCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I didn't get Davinci's Tiger and Newt's Emerald. You are doing much better than me. Great job.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. You killed it this week! I've only read one Alex Finn book and it was okay, but I don't think I'll ever read anything from him again.

    I read 3 books this week; Legacy of Kings, Fearsome Creatures, and George.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️