It's NaNoWriMo Time!

Image result for nanowrimo logo

Happy November! For my fellow writers out there, we know that the day after Halloween isn't just the day to detox from your candy binge -- it's also the day to start on your 50,000-word journey of writing your novel.

That's right: This is my fourth year participating in NaNoWriMo, and I couldn't be more excited about it! This year, I'm going to finish the book that I'm currently writing, with the hopes that I can have it finished and ready to be read around Christmastime. It's going to be a long month filled with writing, late nights, and tons of hot chocolate (being that I don't drink coffee), but it's my favorite part of the year, and I couldn't be more excited about it.

So be on the lookout for some updates on my NaNo journey this month -- I'll be doing a couple of posts on the blog about it, about my progress, and about NaNoWriMo in general. If you're even on the fence about participating, I recommend giving it a try. NaNo is great because it forces you to have a routine, and in turn, you end up being a lot more productive than you may have expected to be. There are tons of virtual write-ins, in-person meet ups, and "word sprints" with given topics, so your writers block is never there for long!

Without further ado, it's time for me to go lock myself in my dorm room and write my 2,000 words for the day. I can't wait to tackle NaNoWriMo 2016 (and have a great time while doing so) -- and I can't wait to end November as a winner for the fourth time! (Whoa. That's so strange to say. I remember just starting this thing!) 

Be on the lookout for some more update posts (and Tweets on our Twitter!), and best of luck to anyone else participating in NaNoWriMo this year! If you're interested in learning more about the process, you can click here.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to go do this thing.



1 comment

  1. I'm seeing more and more NaNoWriMo posts this year and it makes me super happy! :) Glad to see you will be participating again! This is also my 4th year, however I'm hoping that this is my first winning year!

    I also made a post about mine yesterday if you want to check it out!
    http://www.inwonderlandbookblog.com/2016/10/nanowrimo-2016.html

    xo
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️